Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ich Liebe Deutschland

I had a really really good time in Germany. I didn't quite make it to Hamburg, but I stayed in Dusseldorf and visited Cologne. The family I was staying with was amazing. They took me out for Christmas dinner and even bought me cologne and chocolate! Very nice people.

One thing I was very surprised about was that 99% of the population under the age of 60 speaks English well. It was crazy, no matter where I went, everyone understood me. And then when I was in the clubs in Dusseldorf, they always played American songs and everyone sang along. It was awesome.

It is COLD in Germany. It was about 20 degrees the whole time I was there and that's pretty damn cold for this California boy. I now appreciate this Spanish weather a lot more.

The German food surprised me because it was actually pretty good =) I'd heard from several people that German food isn't the best, but I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I'm just a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

I'll upload pics shortly, I promise! I took about 4000 in Dusseldorf, but don't worry, I'll only post the best ones.

Have a great New Years everyone.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yeah you definitely realize BCN always has the best weather in europe. even winter has some t-shirt days tucked in there, but you'll never see anyone wearing them haha. whatre you doin for new yrs? bon anys!

Lauren said...

Mateo! Keep these posts comin'! I wanna read all about BCN for you and all the places you visit! I'm so glad you got a blog. Welcome to blogspot Skillet!